I hope your weekend was splendiferous. It’s gorgeous here, on the other side of the semester. I only have to read over my script and turn it in by Friday, and then I shall be completely done. I could not be more excited. It’s really nice to no longer be stressed and slightly murderous.
Today I thought I’d share/ give an overview of one of my favorite makeup products; gel (cream) liner. They’re typically marketed as cream liners, but have a gel consistency. If you haven’t tried a gel liner before, prepare to meet your new best friend. I am obsessed with gel liner. Being a heavy caffeine addict, I have shaky hands more likely than not, and that makes liquid eyeliner and absolute mess for me to apply. I could do it, but I tended to avoid dramatic liner looks because they were simply a hassle.
Then gel liner came into my life and I haven’t looked back. Smoky eye, cat eye, 60s mod, Avril-esque punk, you name it, you can do it with gel liner. The consistency (gel… duh) of the liners makes the product totally maneuverable on the lid, unlike their liquid counterparts, and yet they still dry to a dramatic and flawless finish. Sign me up.
For your perusal, I have two higher-end brands and two bargain brands.
1) Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner, the most expensive of the group, rings in at $21 for 0.1 oz. It comes in 14 amazing shades. I don’t own this brand, but I have seen it in action and it is lovely.
2) Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner is $15.00 for 0.17 oz and I am addicted to my little pot of inky black goodness. You’ve seen this product in my Mila Kunis look. I highly recommend this product. It comes in 4 gorgeous shades and you need so little of the product that it will last you a lifetime. It also lasts through anything you put it through. Amazing.
3) L’Oreal HiP Studio Secrets Professional Color Truth Cream Eyeliner is about $10.00 for 0.159 oz. It comes in 5 shades, and the shade Midnight, pictured below, is one of my favorite things in the world. I love doing shimmery bronze and gold eyeshadows with a blue liner for summer.
4) e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner is a steal at $3.00 for 0.17 oz and comes in 8 pretty shades. I haven’t personally tried this product, but it comes highly recommended from several friends. And with this pot of goodness coming in at a fraction of the cost of even the drugstore alternative, it is worth a shot!
I hope that’s given you some insight into one of my beauty must-haves. I highly suggest you pick one up and play around. Through that feisty liquid liner in the trash! Cream eyeliners are about to become your life.
Lined and ready,
- Types of Eyeliner (thathazeleyes.wordpress.com)
- History of eyeliner (libertynlux.wordpress.com)
- Makeup Monday: I like Blue Eyeshadow (kaitlinvincent.wordpress.com)
- Can Your Makeup Boost Confidence and Productivity? (makeup101.wordpress.com)