So I’m going to start a new thing on the blog, specifically concerning MM; Look Breakdowns. It occurred to me that it comes very naturally to me to be able to look at a picture and to then reproduce the makeup. So I thought, hey, let’s do that on the blog!
Today I thought we’d start with a look that’s both beautiful and easy to prove to you that you don’t need to be a makeup whiz or own a billion products to look smashing. I present to you the stunning Kiera Knightley!
What you’ll need:
A matte, warm brown (Try Buck from the Urban Decay Naked Palette)
A matte greige (Try Tease from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette)
A matte vanilla (Try Foxy from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette)
A black eyeliner (Any of your choice… … Zero by UD is great)
A white eyeliner (Milk by NYX is a bargain option!)
A pinky, peachy blush (Cupid by Clinique is my go-to)
Mascara (Pick your fave!)
A nude, shimmery lipstick (Adore U Buttershine lipstick by Clinique is my favorite)
That’s it! And here’s how to do it:
1. Sweep the warm brown over your lids and under your lower lashline.
2. Meet the upper and lower lashline in a subtle point outward from your eye, following its natural shape.
3. Take your greige and sweep it lightly in your crease to blend out your lid color, then even more lightly in your inner crease, shading near your nose. (You can skip this step if you fear a too-heavy hand, but it is present in the picture, so I included it.)
4. Take your vanilla shadow and put it on your browbone as well as on your inner color, working completely around, from your lower lashline to the inner crease.
5. Apply your black eyeliner to your upper waterline, and also bring it on your lashline on your upper lid, about 1/3 of the way from the outer corner. Smudge it with a brush or a sponge-tip smudger (some eyeliners come with one!)
6. Apply your white eyeliner to your lower waterline.
7. Apply your blush very lightly to the apples of your cheeks.
8. Apply your mascara to upper and lower lashes; a couple of coats to make sure they stand out.
9. Apply your lipstick.
And you’re done!!! Not even 10 steps. This is a beautiful makeup that will only take you about 5 minutes once you get it down. Not bad, to look like Keira!
If I do a more complicated look and/or have more time, I might post step-by step pictures to help illustrate my instructions… but… no promises.
If you have a picture you’d like me to break down for you, please email me at KaitlinWehlmann.Contact@gmail.com
Y’all have a great Monday!