I’m sorry for the unannounced delay in this post! These next few weeks before graduation are going to be rough waters for me. I’ve pulled 3 all-nighters since Friday and I’ll probably have 2 more this week. One of them will be to watch the Royal Wedding, but that’s just a necessity of my life that I am not willing to give up for the ridiculous institution of sleep.
So let’s jump into the idea and unfortunate reality of melting makeup.
It’s Texas. It’s summer. How the heck am I supposed to keep my makeup on my face?
I don’t know why I phrased that in such an awkward question, as it’s not clear who is asking this question and I have the answers. Let’s make a list!
1) Skincare, skincare, skincare. Make sure you’re keeping your face as clean and purged of impurities as possible. You might need to switch to a lighter moisturizer for the sticky summer months and PLEASE consider one with an SPF. Wrinkle prevention is everyone’s best friend.
2) An oil-free primer. If you have dryer skin, you might be able to skip this step. Primers help your foundation stay put despite humidity and the resulting sweat. Some favorites are the Cover FX Clearprep FX Matte Foundation Primer and Anti-Acne Treatment, and Tarte’s Clean Slate, though I know there are better valued ones out there. I think ELF even makes a foundation primer now!
3) Lightweight foundation. No one wants to be caked over with foundation in 100* weather. Whatever you use, liquid or powder, keep it light and make sure you really buff it into your skin.
4) A setting spray. Again, you might be able to skip this if you don’t have such oily skin, however, I would recommend a setting spray for anyone who needs long-time wear from their makeup. There are several brands such as Model in a Bottle, or the Urban Decay All-Nighter, but my favorite is Skindinavia‘s No More Shine Makeup Finish. I linked to Skindinavia’s homepage instead of the product page because they have a rather large selection of different finishes, so that you can pick the best setting spray suited to your skin.
5) Waterproof everything. If you’re anything like me, your face sweats everywhere and then your mascara starts to melt into your eyes. And that freaking stings. Waterproof mascara and eyeliner are my best friends. Plus, if I ever have to fling myself into a pool or the ocean to keep from melting, I won’t have raccoon eyes! Win-win!
And those are my tips and tricks and favorite things. Hopefully this was helpful for someone. Believe me, these have been honed after years of searching for something that would stop this from happening to me:
I’ll let my little light shine, but not my forehead,
ALSO! ALSO! ALSO! I almost forgot! My friend Colter is entered in a contest with Red Robin to become their Chief Burger Officer! Voting takes 2 seconds, just click “I Recommend!” Vote here: http://www.chiefburgerofficer.com/c/cbjphoto
If he wins, he’s going to use his gift cards to take homeless people to lunch. He’s turning a silly contest into something greater than himself, serving the least of our brothers, as we are called to do.