I do. It’s the truth. The brighter the better, I say! And while I’ve been stalking the the spring/summer collections for a while I only recently got around to buying/using the NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Bateau Ivre. It looks like this:
And since I am loving these colors, this duo was the inspiration for this:
Here’s a list of products/steps:
1. Too Faced Shadow Insurance all over lid, browbone, and under eye
2. NARS Bateau Ivre, the lighter color, all over lid.
3. Urban Decay Half Baked (from the Naked Palette) in crease
4. NARS Bateau Ivre, the darker shade, in outer corner, blended into the lighter
5. Urban Decay Virgin (from Naked Palette) on browbone
6. Urban Decay Virgin (from Naked Palette) in inner corner and swept into inner crease
7. Urban Decay Half Baked (from Naked Palette) on lower lashline
8. L’Oreal H.I.P. True Color Cream Eyeliner in Midnight Blue on the waterline (Note: I do not recommend this, as this product isn’t designated for the waterline. I just don’t currently have a good navy liner. I should invest.)
9. Maybelline Falsies mascara on top lashes and Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara on bottom lashes. (Once again, I am a mascara freak and use like 9 different ones every day.)
1. Clinique Bronzer in 02 Sunkissed in the contours of the face (in the hollows of the cheekbones, temples, and under the jaw)
2. Clinique Powder Blush in Aglow on the apples of my cheeks
3. NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross atop my cheekbones as a highlight
1. Clinique Buttershine Lipstick in Adore U.
And there you have it, folks. It really boils down to a periwinkle shade, a darker denim blue, a gold/bronze shadow, and a shimmery highlight shade.
I hope you enjoyed this! Mixing blues and greens with metallics is one of my favorite looks for spring.
“Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw
If you’ve a ready mind
Where those of wit and learning
Will always find their kind”
I’m still a GRYFFINDOR!