Valentine’s Day sucks when you’re single. Anyone who says it doesn’t is just lying better than the rest of us. Every. Single. Commercial drops the V-word like it’s an all-access pass to Heaven. (It’s not, by the way….) So today’s Fashion Friday is all about dresses I would wear on Valentine’s day that strike the elusive mixture in my heart of hopeless romantic and hopelessly dedicated to a life alone.
You might not think such a union is possible, but believe me, it is. I live with it every day. And there are a few rules to reach this balance.
1) Red is strictly off limits unless it is in lipstick or nailpolish.
2) Pink can only be an accent color.
3) Any florals must be on a black background
4) The blacker the better, really.
5) Romantic details will disguise all forms of your hopelessness.
Examples start now:
1) The it’s the way you look beaded dress from Ruche.
2) The Grey Grandeur Dress from Modcloth.
3) the In the park after dark strapless dress from Ruche.
4) Modcloth’s Remarkable Insight Dress plays more into the hopeless side of my heart.
5) while Ruche’s Vanity Fair Corset Dress definitely plays to the hopeful side of myself.
6) Modcloth’s Beloved Duchess Dress is sweet.
7) The Hands I’ve Held Dress from Modcloth.
8) Ruche’s We were the lucky ones lace wrap dress.
9) If I had a real fancy date, I’d rock the Be Still My Heart Dress from Modcloth.
10) Modcloth’s Motion Picture Siren Dress is my dress of choice.
Any of these would be holy and acceptable unto me. What would you wear?